Join us in celebrating Earth Day at the Sarasota Farmers Market! This year’s theme is “Eco Urban” and we will be promoting healthy and sustainable ways to support our Earth and our local community’s ecology.
(Area behind the Mermaid Fountain in Paul Thorpe Park)
- 7:00 am – 8:00 am: Sunrise Yoga with Pineapple Yoga
- 8:00 am – 9:00 am: Tap Dancing Around the Globe with Aristotle Luna
- 9:00 am – 10:00 am: Speaker- Sean Patton, Selby Gardens
- 10:00 am – 11:00 am: Tap Dancing Around the Globe with Aristotle Luna
- 11:00 am – 12:00 pm: Speaker – Ian Wolinsky, The Gourmet Gardeners
Show up early for Sunrise Yoga, sponsored by Pineapple Yoga and led by Claudia Baeza, RYT500 Kripalu. Participants will meet at the Mermaid Fountain in Paul Thorpe Park, near the Intersection of Pineapple and Lemon Avenues. Starting at 7am, Claudia will lead a one hour gentle yoga session, free and open to all. Bring a mat, water and have fun!
Also in Paul Thorpe Park, the Market’s “Science Saturday” booth, led by volunteer Bea Stryker, will feature local expert naturalists on the topic of “Ocean Wonders”, with a special free craft activity for kids.
Special exhibitors include Sunshine Community Compost, Selby Gardens, Friends of the Legacy Trail, and the City of Sarasota Sustainability Office. The Suncoast Blood Bus will be collecting donations on North Lemon Avenue, just north of First Street. Donors will receive a $10 gift certificate to Market Vendor, Wild Side Farms.
Local tap-dancing prodigy, Aristotle Luna, 17, will be “Tap Dancing Around the Globe” from 8am – 9am and 10am – 11am in the semi-circle behind the mermaid fountain.
Market Vendor, Ian Wolinsky of The Gourmet Gardeners, will be presenting “Earth Talk” from 11 am to 12 pm. Ian will teach you to grow and cook your own food. He has been helping people set up their home gardens for years, and he would be more than happy to help you, too. Come prepared with any gardening questions you may have!
Discounts will be available for a variety of Market Vendors for customers who bring their own bags:
- Kokokahn Essential Oils: Free aromatherapy inhaler with purchase when you bring your own bag-
- Fysiko’s Sea Sponge: Florida Silk Facial Sponges: $2 (Usually $3)
- Big Top Baskets: 10% off
- Traditional French Crepes: 10% off
- The Gourmet Gardeners: 1/2 off grow bags 1/2 off home consultations and buy one get one free for the one and only fertilizer you need for your yard
- Wild Side Farms: Purchase of any Collection (Victory Herb, Medicinal Herb, Heat Lovers, or FL Edible Starter Pack) and get a free Wild Side Tote Bag
- Vegetabowls: 20% off to customers who bring their own bag and re-used bubble wrap or paper to take their purchase home
- Mazzone Olive Oil – Complimentary Dipping Spice Blend of their choice with any purchase! Choose from Tuscan, Mediterranean, or Garlic Aioli. $5 retail value!
- Market Info Booth: Purchase a reusable 2021 Design Contest tote bag for $15 – receive a free sticker pack ($9 value)!
We invite you to get involved and make a difference! Download this form to learn more about becoming an event sponsor/exhibitor.